Hey! Hey!! HAPPY ThursYAY :D
How's your week going? This is a wonderful time of year, isn't it?! :D Are you crushing the workout routine that I posted? There's 1 more day to fit it in this week!! In fact...i'm going to challenge you to do 1 more week with me! Who's in?! Alright...lets do this :D Finish strong tomorrow then start the routine again on Monday and continue until next Friday! NO equipment needed, so NO excuses!! Who doesn't want to look FITastic in their holiday clothes?!! :D
If you're looking for a festive, easy, and healthy holiday dessert then look no more! This Christmas Tree Dessert Pizza is perfect!!
CHRISTMAS TREE DESSERT PIZZA!
By: Maryea from "Happy Healthy Mama"
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 297
2 cups whole almonds
3 cups pitted dates
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1 star fruit, sliced
1. Put the first 6 ingredients (thru pinch of salt) into a food processor and process until everything is completely broken down. It won't look like it's going to hold together but if you pinch it in between your fingers, it should stick together. (If it's not holding together, your dates may be too dry. You can add a little milk to nut butter to help.)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Dump the mixture onto the baking sheet. Use your hands to press the mixture together into a ball. Then, press it down and shape it into a tree shape (or whatever shape you prefer.)
4. Keep pressing the side in with 1 hand and the top down with the other hand, so it's as compact as possible. It should be about 3/4-inch thick.
5. Put the sheet into the freezer to allow it to firm for about 30 minutes.
6. Next, spread the crust with the vanilla yogurt, leaving the trunk brown.
7. Decorate the tree with the diced kiwi and pomegranate arils. Use a sliced starfruit for the star and use the rest to decorate the serving tray.
This easy and healthy Christmas Tree Dessert Pizza is festive and fun for your whole family to enjoy! OR impress your friends at the next holiday party!!
I'll be posting a "Gift Guide" on Monday, so be sure to check back in! There's still time before Christmas to purchase gifts and add to YOUR wish list :D
I hope you have a fun-filled (and of course, healthy...lol) weekend! I'm going to San Francisco with some girlfriends!! Three days in the city...bring it on!!!
Pamela Stewart, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Weight Loss Specialist