Hydrate Like A Pro!
Hello!! HAPPY Monday :D
How are you?! How was your weekend?! I hope you had a good one!! My weekend was both busy and grrrrreat :D 2 exciting things happened with my fam!!
1. My youngest daughter attended her first High School Homecoming! She was also selected the Freshmen Homecoming Princess!! She was honored with the Homecoming Court at a ceremony during halftime of the Football Game! It was a fun-filled festive night and I'm super proud to be this girl's mama :D
2. My husband got a job promotion! WOOO WHOOO!! If you know anything about CHP, the promotions don't happen overnight and can be very competitive! I'm super proud and excited for the opportunities that will come my husband's way!! Also, the fact that his days working on the road are over, for the rest of his career, has me doing a hApPy hApPy hApPy dance...lol! And, of course, the new salary will be awesome too :D The only sad thing, will be the possibility of relocating! I LUV where we're living, but unless we move, my husband will only be home on the weekends!! So, we might end up moving to the Sacramento area after this school year. 1 day at a time, right?!
Okay...it's the beginning of a new week...so lets ROCK IT!! BRING FIT ON :D
Today's post is how to Hydrate Like A Pro! We all know how important water is, so go ahead and sweat buckets with the following tips to help keep you hydrated!!
Here's what some Nutrition Experts have to say:
- "Keep a full glass of water next to your bed," says Jenn Pike, Registered Holistic Nutritionist. "When you wake in the morning, drink the whole thing before you begin your routine."
* Her go-to H20: Coconut water.
- "Eat more raw foods, so you get more fluid from the food you eat, not just from what you drink," says Brendan Brazier, vegan athlete and expert on plant-based nutrition. "It's best if it's grown locally and is organic, since minerals from the soil are essential to hydration."
* His go-to H20: Vega Sport Electrolyte Hydrator.
- "I love water infused with fresh herbs and fruit," says Joy McCarthy, Registered Holistic Nutritionist. "I also avoid caffeinated beverages, which can be a diuretic."
* Her go-to H20: Water with lemon.
Eat Your Water :)
A study from the University of Aberdeen Medical School found that eating water-rich foods post-workout can rehydrate twice as effectively as chugging 2 glasses of water, plus replenish lost nutrients. Here are the best thirst-quenching foods to reach for:
- Cucumber 96.7% H20 Content
- Celery 95.4% H20 Content
- Tomatoes 94.5% H20 Content
- Bell Peppers 93.9% H20 Content
- Strawberries 91.0% H20 Content
- Baby Carrots 90.4% H20 Content
7 Early Signs Of Dehydration:
- Increased Thirst!
- Dry Mouth!
- Dark Urine!
- Bad Breath!
A Survey Taken ;)
How much water do you drink each day?!
7% The standard 8 glasses.
11% Does coffee count?
17% Don't know, I drink when thirsty.
65% I aim for 3 liters or more.
Our body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions! Because our body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it's IMPORTANT to rehydrate by drinking fluids AND eating foods that contain water!! LOAD UP with water!!!
If you have ANY comments about this post, I'd LUV to hear from you! Don't be shy!! :D
Have a FITastic couple of days!
SEE YOU right back here on Wednesday!!
11/11/2015 08:35:34 am
11/11/2015 09:37:19 am
You're the best Cindy! If it happens, it's still months away ;)
Leave a Reply.
Pamela Stewart, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Weight Loss Specialist