Ho! Ho!! HAPPY Thursday :D
How are you? How's your week going?! I hope you're making this a productive week!!! If you've been doing the workout routine (that I posted) with me...HIGH FIVE :D Tomorrow is the last day that I'll be doing that routine BUT feel free to continue if you're feeling powerful and bada**...lol! Just remember to take a day or two off!!
This month I've been craving chocolate and peppermint! I wonder why...LOL...chocolate is everywhere, especially this time of year!! Chocolate and peppermint taste SOOO good together!!! Right now my weakness is William Sonoma Peppermint Bark!!! AND...i LOVE Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate!!!! Not really healthy :D With that said, I've been on the hunt to find a recipe that I would feel good about eating! I found the following recipe and want to share these babies with you!! These healthy festive bites are definitely holiday approved!!!
PEPPERMINT FUDGE NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
By: Julie Wunder / Running in a Skirt
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Serves: 9 bites
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/3 cup pitted medjool dates (about 6)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint
1. Put almonds in a food processor and chop.
2. Add the dates and blend well.
3. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and coconut oil. Blend for several minutes until starting to combine. Add a couple drops of water if necessary to help it move.
4. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few final times to combine well. You don't want to pulverize the chocolate though.
5. Take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. The coconut oil will soften and it will be very messy. The warmth of your hand will allow the coconut oil to help bind the bite. You will end up pushing it more together than actually rolling it. While it is still warm press into the peppermint.
6. Allow the finished bites to set in the fridge for 30 minutes to re-solidify the coconut oil.
If you make this recipe, I'd love to hear your comments :D
I'll be right back here on MonYAY!
Pamela Stewart, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Weight Loss Specialist