Hi there!! HAPPY Fridayyyyy :D
How are you?! How was your week?! I hope it's been PRODUCTIVE and HEALTHY!! Are you ready for the weekend?! I am!! BRING IT ON!!! And...it's Friday, so don't forget to check out the JUICE recipe at the bottom of this post :)
Football season is in full swing! SCORE!! My fam is totally into football, to say the least :D If you ask my husband, during football season, nothing is more important than a good game and food...lol!
Today's post is how to be a superfan at a Tailgate without putting on the extra calories!! The following is a playbook of creative takes and choices, so you can eat more like a champ :D
- While packing the cooler, throw in 10 pounds of ice for every 12 cans or 10 bottles! Sipping cold bevs rather than room-temperature ones can burn an extra 8 calories per 8 ounces!!
- The average game day partyer puts away up to a day and a half's worth of calories! In a wasteland of chips, chili, and umpteen-layer dips, the lightest choices aren't always obvious!! Here's some interference ;)
*Nutritional information based on an average serving.
Guacamole VS French Onion Dip
Winner?! Guacamole!! (calories saved: 61, fat grams saved: 5)
Potato Salad VS Grilled Potato Skins
Winner?! Potato Skins!! (calories saved: 99, fat grams saved: 8)
All-Beef Hot Dog VS All-Beef Brat
Winner?! Hot Dog!! (calories saved: 80, fat grams saved: 6)
3 Chicken Wings VS Cupcake With Icing
Winner?! Cupcake!! (calories saved: 72, fat grams saved: 8)
Cotton Candy VS Snow Cone
Winner?! Cotton Candy!! (calories saved: 15)
- Want a burger?! Make it bison! The ground meat packs more protein and less fat than chicken and beef. Plus, its mildly sweet taste is best enjoyed with minimal fixings, which means more saved calories :D
- Kebabs are a delish low-carb way to work more veggies into your game day! Thread your lean protein of choice, chicken, pork, fish, or shrimp, with fiber-rich bell peppers, onions, and zucchini!! The skewers will fill you up for around 200 calories per 12-inch stick :)
- Marinades pump up nutrition and flavor and tenderize meat. Pour these 3 on like Gatorade over a winning coach! GO FOR IT!!
*Each marinade makes enough for about 4 servings or 1 pound of meat.
BEST ON STEAK: (soak time: 2 hours)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Just 1 teaspoon of mustard can boost metabolism by up to 25% for several hours after eating.
BEST ON CHICKEN: (soak time: 2 hours)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 crushed garlic cloves
Lemon juice's natural diuretic properties may help beat bloat, plus it contains vitamin C, which can aid in fat-burning.
BEST ON TOFU: (soak time: 30 minutes)
1/2 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp crushed red pepper
Eating red pepper flakes could reduce your calorie intake by 16%. SCORE!
KEEP READING...below is a Cherry Pie JUICE recipe! It has nothing to do with pies at all...lol...but the sweetness of apples blends deliciously with the cherries :)
CHERRY PIE JUICE
2 large handfuls of cherries
- You'll need to use a juice extractor.
- This recipe makes 2 portions.
- This juice is GREAT for energy; GOOD for immunity!!
Nutrients: Beta-carotene, folic acid, vitamin C; calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur.
Whether you're grilling at a Tailgate party or blending a juice...both are a SCORE without giving you a big belly!! This sounds like a TOUCHDOWN to me...lol! Just saying :D
Have an AWESOME weekend!
SEE YOU back here on Monday!!
Pamela Stewart, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Weight Loss Specialist